(forwarder, forwarding agent)... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A freight forwarder
, forwarder, or forwarding agent is a person or company that organizes shipments for individuals or other companies and may also act as a carrier. A forwarder is often not active as a carrier and acts only as an agent, in other words as a third-party (non-asset-based) logistics provider that dispatches shipments via asset-based carriers and that books or otherwise arranges space for these shipments. Carrier types include ships, airplanes, trucks, and railroads.Freight Forwarder Sector
... Found on 1800miti.Com, the Commerce Directory
This Sub-Sector as a Whole
An independent business which handles export shipments for compensation. At the request of the shipper, the forwarder makes the actual arrangements and provides the necessary services for expediting the shipment to its overseas destination. The forwarder takes care of all documentation needed to move the shipment from origin to destination, making up and assembling the necessary documentation for submission to the bank in the exporter's name. The forwarder arranges for cargo insurance, makes the necessary overseas communications, and advises the shipper on overseas requirements of marking and labeling. The forwarder operates on a fee basis paid by the exporter and often receives an additional percentage of the freight charge from the common carrier. An export freight forwarder must be licensed by the Federal Maritime Commission to handle ocean freight and by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) to handle air freight. An ocean freight forwarder dispatches shipments from the United States via common carriers, books or arranges space for the shipments, and handles the shipping documentation.
Including Sub-Sections: Freight Forwarder are Customs Brokers.
- Alpha + Mike Services Pvt Ltd - Alpha + Mike Services Pvt Ltd was incorporated in 1989 as a private limited company to solve the great need for marine related services in Republic of Maldives, Since then we have been actively engaged in providing shipping services for vessels calling the ports of the Republic of Maldives. Ship Agents, Freight Forwarding & Logistic Services, Bunkers & Ship Stores Suppliers Crew Recruitment, Trade & Travel Service.
- CGL, the newest name in the freight forwarding business, stands for higher levels of service and greater capabilities. Our vision of best-of-class transportation services gives you the complete package of reliability, accountability, and lowest total shipping costs. Air freight service specializing in printing, mining, electronics, and trade show industries.
- CONCORD-EVERGREEN A I R - S E A G R O U P - Freight Forwarder Bangladesh: - Bangladeshi air & Sea freight forwarder, offering discounted air & sea freight rate. Expert in garments cargo handling.
- International Frontier Forwarders Inc. -- Based in Houston, Texas, offering worldwide forwarding services -- International freight forwarder, shipping worldwide heavy machinery, containerized cargo, breakbulk cargo, reefers, oilwell supplies, automobiles, household goods, oilspill remediation. Specializing in shipments of Heavy Machinery to Venezuela and South America. Ship chartering and sales brokerage services.
- Priority Solutions International -- 3PL - Supply Chain Management - Pharmaceutical Logistics - Freight Forwarding - U.S. Customs Broker -- Priority Solutions is an international logistics company, specializing in 3PL, Supply Chain Management, Pharmaceutical logistics, Freight Forwarding and Customs clearance services. Whether the need is shipment preparation, or an end-to-end solution including warehouse and distribution services, freight forwarding, returns, reconciliation and destruction – Priority Solutions comprehensive suite of services enable tailored solutions that exceed client expectations.
Additional Pages in - | | |