Health Care and Social Assistance Sector
... Found on 1800miti.Com, the Commerce Directory
This Sector as a Whole
- Health Care and Social Assistance Section
The Health Care and Social Assistance sector comprises establishments providing health care and social assistance for individuals. The sector includes both health care and social assistance because it is sometimes difficult to distinguish between the boundaries of these two activities. The industries in this sector are arranged on a continuum starting with those establishments providing medical care exclusively, continuing with those providing health care and social assistance, and finally finishing with those providing only social assistance. The services provided by establishments in this sector are delivered by trained professionals. All industries in the sector share this commonality of process, namely, labor inputs of health practitioners or social workers with the requisite expertise. Many of the industries in the sector are defined based on the educational degree held by the practitioners included in the industry.
- Ambulatory Health Care
Industries in the Ambulatory Health Care Services Sub-Section provide health care services directly or indirectly to ambulatory patients and do not usually provide inpatient services. Health practitioners in this Sub-Section provide outpatient services, with the facilities and equipment not usually being the most significant part of the production process.
Industries in the Hospitals Sub-Section provide medical, diagnostic, and treatment services that include physician, nursing, and other health services to inpatients and the specialized accommodation services required by inpatients. Hospitals may also provide outpatient services as a secondary activity. Establishments in the Hospitals Sub-Section provide inpatient health services, many of which can only be provided using the specialized facilities and equipment that form a significant and integral part of the production process.
- Nursing and Residential Care Facilities
Industries in the Nursing and Residential Care Facilities Sub-Section provide residential care combined with either nursing, supervisory, or other types of care as required by the residents. In this Sub-Section, the facilities are a significant part of the production process and the care provided is a mix of health and social services with the health services being largely some level of nursing services
- Social Assistance
Industries in the Social Assistance Sub-Section provide a wide variety of social assistance services directly to their clients. These services do not include residential or accommodation services, except on a short stay basis.
- Site Map
- Aloha Laboratories, Inc - Providing services to physicians, clinics, surgery centers and medical groups throughout the Pacific region. Contact and service details are given with an outline of cancer pathology. Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Children's Hospital Medical Center of Cincinnati Emergency Department - Devoted to the special needs of acutely ill and injured children. One of the United State's busiest Emergency Departments. Information on consultation and all surgical and medical subspecialties.
- Direct Laboratory Services, Inc - Providing services directly to consumers. Available tests are explained and costs detailed.
- Imbabazi Orphanage - Rosamond Halsey Carr founded the Imbabazi Orphanage in 1994. Since that time Roz and her staff have cared for more than 400 children. Currently there are more than 100 orphans under her care. (Find out about Rosamond Halsey Carr, founder of the orphanage); Profile
- William Beaumont Army Medical Center - serving active duty military personnel, family members and beneficiaries in El Paso and the surrounding areas. We specialize in the complete medical care of our beneficiaries, host a robust graduate medical education program, and serve as a trauma center for the surrounding community.
Additional Pages in - | | |