... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Marine salvage is the process of rescuing a ship, its cargo, or other property from peril. Salvage encompasses rescue towing, refloating a sunken or grounded vessel, or patching or repairing a ship. Today the protection of the environment from cargoes such as oil or other contaminants is often considered a high priority. "Salvors" are seamen and engineers who carry out salvage to vessels that are not owned by themselves. When salvaging large ships, they may use cranes, floating dry docks and divers to lift and repair ships for short journeys to safety towed by a tugboat. The aim of the salvage may be to repair the vessel at a harbour or dry dock, or to clear a channel for navigation. Another reason for salvage may be to prevent pollution or damage to the marine environment. Alternatively the vessel or valuable parts of the vessel or its cargo may be recovered for its resale value, or for scrap.Rig Tenders
... Found on 1800miti.Com, the Commerce Directory
Vessels of this category are comprised of ocean going tugs and supply vessels specifically designed to support the off shore oil and gas platform operations.Rig Tenders and Salvage Operators Sector
... Found on 1800miti.Com, the Commerce Directory
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing navigational services to shipping. Rig Tenders and Marine Salvage establishments are included in this industry.
- Abeilles International - The salvage arm of Branche Maritime de Groupe Bourbon, which provides marine, industrial and distribution services in France and worldwide.
- Abeilles SA (Les) - Les abeilles is one of the world's leading operators of harbor, deep-sea, and salvage tugboats.
- Bluefin Maritime Services, Inc. - Florida based company's 60 ft. utility tug provides towing, salvage, and research services.
- Bourbon Group - Operates in seven fields : harbour towage, offshore towage and marine salvage, ship management, logistical assistance to the offshore oil industry, dry bulk transportation, passenger services and coastal cruises.
- Carmet Tug Company - Tug and barge operators supporting the civil engineering industry in the UK & Northern Europe. Sole towage contractor on the Manchester Ship Canal for Peel Holdings.
- Donjon Marine Co., Inc. - Towage and salvage based on New Jersey.
- Gemini Marine Services. - Log and barge towing, ship assists, , Marine freight and Eco tours based on Garden Bay, British Columbia
- Hafar Marine (Singapore & Indonesia) - Operating in Southeast Asia for charter towage or sale. Sea and inland waterway freight transport in Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, and beyond.
- Hanstholm Towing Company Ltd. - Danish company providing towing, salvage and related services.
- Hvide Marine Inc. - One of the world’s leading providers of marine support and transportation services, serving primarily the energy and chemical industries
- International Salvage Union - Provides information on the ISU and other member companies, including sections on salvage: an overview, casualty salvage, pollution defence, and world salvage directory.
- Intership Ltd - Provides Barge and Tug Services to the Oil & Gas Offshore Industry.
- Loucas G Matsas Salvage & Towage Maritime Co - Mediterranean based marine salvage and towage.
- Marine Towing & Salvage Co. - Yacht-, rescue, and coastwise towing, ocean salvage, barge crane service, dive service, contract towing, consultation and salvage plans.
- McNational Inc. - We operate 32 towboats and 3 shipyards. The yards are located in South Point, Ohio-Cincinnati, Ohio-and Alton,Illinois. Our Towboats operate between Pittsburg, Pa. and St. Louis, Missouri.
- Moran Towing Corporation - The leader in Tug and Barge Services on the United States East and Gulf Coasts.
- NMA Maritime & Offshore Contractors - Operators of semi-submersible H/L vessels, large open cargo deck of 126x32-40 meters (410x130 feet), capable of transporting drilling rigs, offshore structures, barges, dredgers.
- Norsub AS - Performs ROV operations, subsea engineering and supplying offshore personnel with 10-15 years experience in all types of underwater operations performed by ROV's.
- Oceanworld Tugs And Barges Services - Singapore marine company providing tugs and barges services to the marine and offshore industries.
- Offshore Support Vessels - Utility vessels for both offshore and inshore operations around the Australian Coast and with foreign Government approval, within neighboring island countries.
- Rederij Waterweg BV - High-class workboats for the dredging, offshore and maritime industries.
- Seaspan - Seaspan's operations include coastal and deepsea tug and barge transportation as well as ship repair and shipbuilding.
- Seaways International - A Dubai based marine shipping company which deals in cargo transportation, sale and purchase of vessels, providing tugs, AHTS vessels and diving support.
- Shawneetown Harbor Service Inc - A barge towing company on the Ohio River.
- Smith Bros. Inc. - Maintains a charter fleet of barges, small tugboats, cranes, and contractor's equipment for rent. Located on the Chesapeake Bay.
- Solomons Marine Towing - Serving the Maryland area near Solomons, the Patuxent River and the Chesapeake Bay between Chesapeake Beach and Point Lookout.
- Stapp Towing Co., Inc. - Barge transportation of sand and gravel along the Texas Intracoastal Canal. We operate six tugs and fifteen box barges between Victoria, TX and Houston, Galveston, Port Arthur, Beaumont, and Lake Charles, LA.
- Surf - Offshore Shipping Services - Specializes in the offshore oil fields, supply vessels and crew boats availabilities, provides marine engineering services: dynamic positioning, pipe carrier, mooring, anchor handling, tug and chartering.
- Tidewater Inc. - Home of the world's largest workboat fleet and compression services. Tidewater Marine Services include 650 vessels used in the Petroleum Industry...
- Tranship - Marine Towing Transport - Coastal towage and offshore. Harbour towage and ship assistance. Modern tugs, tugboats and barges. Salvage assistance.
- Tsavliris Salvage International Ltd. - A marine salvage contractor.
- Vane Brothers Maritime Services - Maritime services from life raft sales to bunkering in Baltimore, Philadelphia, Norfolk, and New York
Additional Pages in ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦