9–12 (University-Preparatory School)
... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
school or college-preparatory
school (usually abbreviated to preparatory school, college prep school, or prep school) is a secondary school, usually private, designed to prepare students for a college or university education. Some schools will also include a junior, or elementary, school. This designation is mainly current in North America. In many parts of Europe, such as Germany, the Benelux and Scandinavia secondary schools specializing in college-preparatory education are called Gymnasiums.
(University-Preparatory School) 9-12; Kindergarten, Elementary and Secondary Schools
... Found on 1800miti.Com, the Commerce Directory
- All Saints Episcopal School, Vicksburg, MS - A small Episcopal boarding school, accepting all dinominations, located in Vicksburg, Mississippi. We feature a positive environment, that produces personal growth and self discovery.
- Avon Old Farms School, Avon, CT - Boy's boarding and day school; strong focus on succesful college admission and development of sound study habits.
- Baylor School, Chattanooga, TN - Coeducational day and boarding school.
- Blue Ridge School, St. George, VA - Episcopal school for boys in grades 9 through 12 offering a traditional college-preparatory curriculum with the extra attention to detail that only a small boarding school can provide.
- The Bolles School, Jacksonville, FL - Independent, college preparatory school serving students in pre-kindergarten through grade 12 offering a boarding program for girls and boys in grades 7-12.
- Brandon Hall School, Atlanta, GA - Coeducational day and boarding school for boys. Located in a suburb of Atlanta BHS focuses on students with some form of learning challenges.
- Brewster Academy, Wolfeboro, NH - A co-educational boarding and day school for grades 9-12 that focuses on technology.
- Brooks School, North Andover, MA - Brooks is a co-educational boarding and day school located 30 miles north of Boston. It offers students a challenging academic program in an active and diverse community.
- Buxton School, Williamstown, MA - Small, coeducational boarding school enrolling 90 boarding students in grades 9-12.Within this small diverse community setting, unique opportunities for intellectual, artistic, and personal growth are nurtured.
- Canyonville Christian Academy, Canyonville, OR - Christian co-educational boarding high school for grades 9 through 12. Committed to the integration of faith and learning.
- Cheshire Academy, Cheshire, CT - Founded in 1794, this school in central Connecticut, educates students in grades Kindergarten through 12, plus Postgraduate. Cheshire Academy encourages high academic achievement through rigorous curricular demands for each student.
- Choate Rosemary Hall, Wallingford, CT - Coeducational boarding and day school for grades 9-12. A rigorous academic curriculum with an emphasis on character formation is at the core of the school's mission.
- Christchurch Episcopal School, Christchurch, VA - Affiliated with the Episcopal Diocese of Virginia in Christchurch, VA. Boarding program for boys, and day school for boys and girls in grades 8-12.
- Colorado Rocky Mountain School, Carbondale, CO - Coeducational college preparatory boarding/day independent high school (grades 9-12), emphasizing outdoor adventure in addition to academics.
- Conserve School, Land O' Lakes, WI - Coeducational college preparatory boarding school for students in grades 9 through 12 emphasizing on environmental stewardship, ethics and leadership, and innovative uses of technology.
- Delphian School, Sheridan, OR - Delphian uses study technology developed by L. Ron Hubbard as its foundation.
- Enterprise Academy, Enterprise, KS - Accredited secondary school offering a Seventh-day Adventist Christian education for grades 9-12. The philosophy of Enterprise Academy is based on the belief that all true wisdom and knowledge come from God.
- Ethel Walker School, Simsbury, CT The - Day and boarding school for girls. Committed to helping each student achieve a thoughtful understanding of material, a working knowledge in each discipline
- Fenster School of Southern Arizona, Tucson, AZ - As a transitional school for better grades or college placement, Fenster's boarding school structure encourages educational success.
- Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy, La Caņada, CA - Independent, Catholic, college preparatory, day and boarding school for girls.
- Foxcroft School, Middleburg, VA - Girls' boarding school for grades 9 through 12. Foxcroft provides a residential learning experience for girls in which academic excellence, leadership, responsibility, and integrity are our highest values.
- Georgetown Preparatory School, North Bethesda, MD - Boarding and day school for boys in grades 9 through 12. Prep is the nation's oldest Jesuit school and the only Jesuit boarding school. The academically rigorous liberal arts curriculum is based in the educational philosophy of Jesuit founder, St. Ignatius Loyola.
- Gould Academy, Bethel, ME - A private boarding school for boys and girls entering grades nine through post-graduate in Bethel, Maine.
- Grand River Academy , Austinburg, OH - Boarding high school for boys. A typical student enters the Academy with academic potential and a history of average to poor grades, but no real behavior problems.
- Groton School, Groton, MA - A five-year college preparatory, coeducational, boarding school. The Groton Curriculum is designed to prepare students for "the active work of life".
- The Gunnery, Washington, CT - Coeducational college preparatory boarding and day school for 9th-12th grade students.
- Hackley School, Tarrytown, NY - Independent K-12 Day and Boarding school, offering a rigorous, traditional, and personalized education to motivated students.
- Hebron Academy, Hebron, ME - Coeducational boarding and day school for grades 9-12. Students be trained in the liberal arts and sciences, and that they be taught to revere life and to respect individuality.
- Hotchkiss School, Lakeville, CT The - A coeducational 9-12 boarding school. The curriculum is designed to prepare students for the most demanding colleges and universities. Advanced courses are offered in all departments.
- Houghton Academy, Houghton, NY - College preparatory Christian boarding and day school located in Western New York State. We offer excellent education in a safe, rural environment, and are committed to modeling and teaching a spiritual value system.
- Idyllwild Arts Academy, Idyllwild, CA - Coed High School specializing in the arts. It is located in the San Jacinto Mountains of Southern California. Students at the Arts Academy are challenged to think critically and to develop a love of learning that will continue throughout their lives.
- Indian Springs School, Indian Springs, AL - Indian Springs is a small coeducational school for day and boarding students in grades 8-12. Located on a 350 acre campus, it stresses rigorous academics accompanied by freedom and responsibility.
- Kent School, Kent, CT - Independent co-educational boarding school located between the Appalachian Trail and the Housatonic River in Northwestern Connecticut. Students at Kent are part of a dynamic community of learning which integrates technology with traditional teaching and state-of-the-art research methods.
- Kents Hill School, Kents Hill, ME - Coeducational boarding and day school for students in grades nine through postgraduate.
- The King's Academy, Seymour, TN - King's Academy provides a university preparatory education with a biblical world view for middle and upper school boarding students, and for day students in Grades K-12. The academy is a private school for students of average and above average ability in Grades Kindergarten through 12.
- The Kiski School, Saltsburg, PA - A private all male boarding school founded in 1888. All of our academic programs are designed to prepare each boy for college, and for life. Our overall program is comprehensive, challenging, and ultimately rewarding for students, parents, and teachers.
- Lake Forest Academy, Lake Forest, IL - A coeducational school for boarding and day students.
- The Lawrenceville School, Lawrenceville, NJ - A four-year co-educational school five miles south of Princeton, New Jersey. Students prepare for the increasingly global society in which we all live.
- Leelanau School, Glen Arbor, MI - Coeducational college preparatory boarding and day school for grades 9-12 focused on attracting average to above average students interested in pursuing one of three areas of specialization.
- Loomis Chaffee School, Windsor, CT - Coed boarding and day school located in Windsor, CT.
- Millbrook School, Millbrook, NY - Millbrook School is a coeducational high school of 210 boarding and day students. The program's strength resides in the attitude, the ethos that fills each class period, each singular exchange between faculty and students.
- Milton Academy, Milton, MA - Milton Academy is an independent college preparatory K-12 school, boarding and day in grades 9 -12, located eight miles south of Boston.
- Miss Porter's School, Farmington, CT - A boarding and day school for girls in grades 9-12. It integrates all aspects of a girl's education with her personal growth by providing a rigorous academic program within a supportive community.
- New Hampton School - New Hampton School prepares students for life-long learning through self-discovery, authentic relationships, civic responsibility, and global citizenship. We enhance the potential of students and promote academic success and development of caring community members. Our students are talented artists, athletes, and leaders who often learn best through hands-on experiences. If you're ready to GO BEYOND yourself, we're ready for you.
- Notre Dame Prep School, Fitchburg, MA - Coed School serving 7th through post graduate students. ND is committed to providing each student with an environment in which he or she can achieve intellectual, social, and spiritual fulfillment.
- Oakhill Academy - Oak Hill Academy is a coeducational, Baptist affiliated, high school located in Mouth of Wilson, Va.
- Oldfields School - Oldfields is a boarding and day school for girls in grades 8-12, located 25 miles north of Baltimore, MD. Oldfields offers a dual-track, college-preparatory curriculum and May Program, a two-week experiential learning program.
- Olney Friends School - Coeducational High School located in Barnesville, OH. It is rooted in Quaker ideals.
- Orme School of Arizona The - Orme School is a central Arizona college preparatory boarding school for girls and boys.
- The Patterson School, Patterson, NC - Co-educational, non-denominational, family-oriented boarding and day school for grades 7-12. Help the student develop skills, knowledge, experience, and attitudes required to get into the college of choice and to be successful and happy in his or her future life
- Phillips Academy, Andover, MA - Independent, coeducational boarding school founded in 1778.
- Phillips Exeter Academy, Exeter, NH - Coeducational, boarding and day school. Exeter uses the Harkness plan with an oval table in each classroom.
- Prestfelde Preparatory School - A co-educational boarding and day school in Shrewsbury, United Kingdom for students ages 3 - 13.
- Proctor Academy - Proctor is a coeducational college preparatory school located in the village of Andover in central New Hampshire.
- Ridley College - An independent co-educational institution for boarding and day students grades 5 through university entrance.
- Saint James School - Saint James is an Episcopal, boarding and day school for boys and girls grades 7-12. The campus lies 5 miles southwest of Hagerstown, MD.
- Saint Mary's Hall - Both day and boarding co-educational private school located in San Antonio, Texas.
- Saint Mary's Preparatory - A four year college preparatory preparing young men for future study and careers of service. The Prep has a day student and boarding-school program. Located in Orchard Lake, Michigan, contact 248-683-0532
- Salisbury School - A high school for boys located in Salisbury, Connecticut with a mission to educate young men by inspiring in each student an enthusiasm for learning.
- Shattuck-St. Mary's School - A coeducational, boarding and day school for boys and girls in grades 6-12 located in Faribault, MN. The school features nationally recognized programs in fine arts and hockey.
- Southeastern Association of Boarding Schools The - A group of 23 boarding schools located throughout the southeast. States include Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, North and South Carolina. For students in grades 7th through 12th.
- Springvale School, MA - Due to open 2005-2005! College preparatory school for gifted students located in southern Maine. Coeducational, nonsectarian, grades 7 to 12, boarding and day students.
- Squaw Valley Academy - Co-ed high school at Lake Tahoe in the California Sierra Nevada. Features daily skiing and snowboarding opportunities.
- St. Albans School - Boys school located in Washington, DC.
- St. Andrew's Sewanee School, Sewanee, TN - A college preparatory boarding and day school for students in grades 7-12 located on a scenic mountaintop in Tennessee.
- St. Anthony Catholic High School, San Antonio, TX - College-preparatory school for young men, grades 9 through 12
- Stony Brook School, Stony Brook, NY The - A college preparatory, co-educational boarding and day school for grades 7-12. Students are trained to be leaders with integrity and virtue. We find that character is essential to the development of the whole person and maintain a spiritual component to the education process.
- Stuart Hall, Staunton, VA - Virginia girls boarding and college-preparatory school. Stuart Hall offers a supportive Christian environment and quality college preparatory program for boarding girls grades 8-12. We place great value on service, honor, leadership, and compassion.
- Subiaco Academy - Boarding and day school for young men in grades 9-12 based on Catholic-Benedictine values. Located in Subiaco Arkansas.
- Thunderbird Adventist Academy Website - A Seventh-day Adventist boarding high school located in Scottsdale, AZ.
- Tilton School, Tilton, NH - Small independent school located in the Lakes Region area of New Hampshire. Tilton challenges all students to try new things, learn new skills, and set new goals.
- Trinity Pawling School, Pawling, NY - Boarding school for boys, located in Up-State NY. Small classes, emphasizing a student's needs and skills.
- Walnut Hill School - Boarding School dedicated to teaching the arts, located in Natick, MA.
- The Webb School - Webb is a co-educational, boarding, college-preparatory school. It is located in Bell Buckle, Tennessee.
- Western Reserve Academy - Coed high school located in Hudson, Ohio between Cleveland and Akron.
- Westminster School - Coeducational boarding and day school for grades 9-12, located in Simsbury, Connecticut, USA.
- The Williston Northampton School - An independent coeducational boarding and day school, grades 7-12, in Easthampton, Massachusetts.
- Woodberry Forest School, Woodberry Forest, VA - Boarding school for boys; located in Woodberry Forest. Several possibilities for full language immersion programs. Oriented at preparing students for college entry.
- Woodside Priory School, Portola Valley, CA - Benedictine, Catholic school offering a boys boarding program (gr 9-12) within a coed day school (gr 6-12). Located 40 miles south of San Francisco, CA.
Additional Pages in - | | |