Museums, Historical Sites, and Similar Institutions Sector
... Found on 1800miti.Com, the Commerce Resource dB
Industries in the Museums, Historical Sites, and Similar Institutions Sub-Section engage in the preservation and exhibition of objects, sites, and natural wonders of historical, cultural, and/or educational value.
This Sub-Section Museums, Historical Sites, and Similar Institutions comprises:
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in the preservation and exhibition of objects of historical, cultural, and/or educational value.
- Historical Sites
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in the preservation and exhibition of sites, buildings, forts, or communities that describe events or persons of particular historical interest. Archeological sites, battlefields, historical ships, and pioneer villages are included in this industry
- Zoos and Botanical Gardens
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in the preservation and exhibition of live plant and animal life displays.
- Nature Parks and Other Similar Institutions
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in the preservation and exhibition of natural areas or settings.
- Abraham Lincoln Birthplace National Historic Site - Official National Park Service website. Located near Hodgenville, KY.
- Andrew Johnson National Historic Site - Official National Park Service web site. Greeneville, Tennessee.
- The Battle of Gettysburg A Photographic Guide - Take a tour of the National Military Park at Gettysburg through modern photographs. Includes monuments, historic buildings, hospital sites, scenic views, as well as battle related sites throughout Adams County, PA.
- Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site - Official National Park Service site. Home of Carl Sandburg, nationally renowned poet, biographer, folk singer, and lecturer. Located in Flat Rock, NC.
- Cathédrale Notre Dame de Paris -
- Coney Island - The ups and downs of America's foremost amusement park.
- HistoryQuest.com - Historical marker search engine with over 40,000 sites in the database. Users can search local history by state and topic.
- Homestead National Monument of America - This National Park Service monument is located on the site of the one of the first homesteads claimed under the Homestead Act, and it is a tribute to the courage and tenacity of the settlers.
- Ile de Gorée - A 2 km au large de Dakar, Gorée est une île à l'atmosphère méditerranéenne. Classée Patrimoine Mondial de l'Humanité, cette île sans voiture est magnifique avec ses maisons coloniales du 18ème siècle aux façades ocres, roses, jaunes et aux volets bleus et ses rues étroites colorées par les bougainvillées. L'île fut découverte en 1444 par les Portugais, et en 1588 les Hollandais l'occupent et la baptisent Goede Reede (bonne rade). Les Français prennent à leur tour l'île en 1677 et lui donnent le nom de Gorée.
- Kentucky Civil War Sites - Presented by the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- Klondike Gold Rush NHP - Official NPS site.
- National Register of Historic Places - Features a searchable database of properties listed on the National Register, educational and informational resources on American history and historic preservation, and a summary of the requirements of the National Historic Preservation Act.
- Niokolo Koba - Le Parc National du Niokolo Koba est l'une des plus importantes réserve d'animaux de l'Afrique de l'Ouest. Créé en 1954 pour protéger et conserver la faune et la flore menacée, le parc est classé depuis 1981 par l'Unesco comme site du Patrimoine Mondial et Réserve de la Biosphère. Avec le Parc du Badiar en Guinée il forme depuis 1990 le Parc Transfrontalier du Niokolo Badiar.
- Statue of Liberty National Monument - Located in New York Harbor, the Statue of Liberty was a gift of international friendship from the people of France to the people of the United States. Officially named "Liberty Enlightening the World," it is one of the most universal symbols of political freedom and democracy.
- Theodore Roosevelt's Birthplace National Historic Site - NPS Historical site. Museum depicts life and accomplishments of Theodore Roosevelt in a reconstructed period setting on the location of TR's home for his first 14 years.
- Tuskegee National Historic Site - Official NPS website for this site and the George Washington Carver Museum. Includes background on the history of the institutions established here to educate newly freed former slaves and their children.
- U S S Arizona Memorial - Official National Park Service site for the memorial that straddles the sunken hull of the battleship USS Arizona and commemorates the December 7, 1941, Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.
- U.S.S. Sequoia Presidential Yacht Artifact Preservation Foundation - Aims to locate and preserve items from the Sequoia, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- The Valley of the Ancient Voices - Get close to true Africa in caves that conceal ancient rock art, relics & artefacts.
- We Shall Overcome - Historic places of the civil rights movement, National register, and travel itinerary.
- Woodland Cemetery and Arboretum in - History of the cemetery, gravestone stories, biographies of the famous people buried in Dayton, Ohio, as well as tourist information.
- Wright Brothers National Memorial - Official Park Service site. The first successful sustained powered flights in a heavier-than-air machine were made here by Wilbur and Orville Wright on December 17, 1903.
Additional Pages in - | | |