... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaPop art
is a visual art movement that emerged in the mid 1950s in Britain and in the late 1950s in the United States. Pop art challenged tradition by asserting that an artist's use of the mass-produced visual commodities of popular culture is contiguous with the perspective of fine art. Pop removes the material from its context and isolates the object, or combines it with other objects, for contemplation.Pop Art Design Services Sector
... Found on 1800miti.Com, the Commerce Resource dB
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in the production of visual Pop art and designs in order to convey specific messages or concepts, clarify complex information, or project visual identities.
- Acosta, Johnny - A gallery of brightly colored portraits.
- Amini, René - "A blend of cartoon/pop /realism..."
- The Art of Renee Gory - A Chicago artist obsessed with toys, trashy foods, glam rock, Eastern religious diagrams, demons, and silver. Images and resume.
- Bosler, Renee - Acrylic paintings and pen and ink drawings of animals, odd creatures, and people. Includes images, biography, and news.
- Clarke, John Clem - Photo-realist techniques and Pop Art imagery come together in the work of noted American painter.
- Dallmeier, Jim - Pop art of award winning artist.
- Dillon, Dawn - Images of work by the Kentucky-born artist, with a biographical note.
- Downes, Elsje - Showcases work of Brisbane artist, including paintings, illustrations, and public art projects. Images and biography.
- Es, Carol - Los Angeles artist folk pop art oil paintings.
- Fenton, Andrew - Recent work by the artist "bob", with description of the emotion and intellectual back drop of the works.
- Gory, Renee - Paintings by Chicago artist, classified by date.
- Gouws, Francois - South African artist, includes a photo album, and information about exhibitions and reviews.
- Jan Bollaert Paintings - An overview of his paintings of the last ten years, mainly pop and neo-popart. Also some sculptures. Images and a comment on technique.
- Jim Dine Forum - Message board devoted to the pop artist from Ohio.
- Keene, Steve - Quotes, profile, images of his paintings, sale gallery, and contact information.
- Knuyt, Sandra - Belgian Pop artist currently working in Kuala Lumpur. Fine art and decorative pieces. Includes exhibitions listing.
- Krantz, Lars - Features oil and acrylic paintings, and pencil drawings, inspired by the old Hollywood movies, music stars, motorcycles, and pin-ups.
- Lefcort, Allison - Paints original acrylic pop art celebrity portraits.
- Levenson, Dan - Small online portfolio of recent paintings by the artist, with details.
- Mills, Brian - Online manifestation of his painting, words, art, and ideas.
- Neo-Pop Paintings - Paintings of American artist Cameron Mikovich. Images, exhibitions, and a short comment.
- New Fish Art - Wild, graphic, colorful cartoony fish paintings.
- Nolte, Nina - Portraits, still-lifes.
- Perez, Michael - New York artist, his artwork focuses on simple subject matters, such as faces and still life objects, yet they deliver a strong impression.
- Persson, Ruby - Images of pop art paintings with surrealist overtones.
- Prillinger, Lily - Artist in paint, film, and other media, now living in San Francisco. Images, biography, and artist's statements.
- Schulz, Bob - De-deconstructed artwork. The paintings of Bob Schultz.
- Scott, Richard - Naive meets pop. Images, curriculum vitae, and free screensaver of work by this New Zealand artist.
- Stanko - Stanko's paintings are a world of Color, whimsical, joyous art!
- Tomokazu Sakurai Art Speace - Emphasizes the motif of the woman with a cat. English and Japanese.
- Wesselmann, Tom - Artist is considered as one of the major artists of the New York Pop Art, along with Roy Liechtenstein, and Andy Warhol.
- The World of Shag - Shag's artwork is a blend of hot rods, tiki heads, skeletons, voodoo lounge, and kustom kulture all rolled up in a swanky package.
Additional Pages in the