(Co-op) ... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(also co-operative; often referred to as a co-op or coop) is defined by the International Co-operative Alliance's Statement on the Co-operative Identity as an autonomous association of persons united voluntarily to meet their common economic, social, and cultural needs and aspirations through a jointly-owned and democratically-controlled enterprise. It is a business organization owned and operated by a group of individuals for their mutual benefit. A cooperative may also be defined as a business owned and controlled equally by the people who use its services or who work at it. Cooperative enterprises are the focus of study in the field of cooperative economics.Cooperative Associations Sector
... Found on 1800miti.Com, the Commerce Resource dB
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in promoting the professional interests of their members and the Cooperative association profession as a whole. These establishments may conduct research; develop statistics; sponsor quality and certification standards; lobby public officials; or publish newsletters, books, or periodicals, for distribution to their members.
- ACDI/VOCA - Nonprofit co-op based group promoting democratic principles and market liberalization, building international cooperative partnerships, and encouraging the sound management of natural resources.
- Agricore - Western Canadian farmer-owned agri-business providing products and services such as grain handling and marketing to prairie farmers by cooperative agreements.
- Agriculture Co-operatives of Canada - Official government information and links, rules and laws of cooperative model of business in Canada.
- Alpha Communication Ltd - A workers' co-operative providing graphic design, exhibition stand design and 3rd sector communications services in the North East of England.
- Canadian Co-operative Association - Official information on anglophone co-operative businesses and credit unions in Canada.
- Center for Cooperatives - General information, directory of US West Coast co-ops, and information on planning and running cooperatives, from the University of California at Davis. (Site in English and Spanish.)
- Central Electric Power Association - An electric cooperative owned and operated by over 30,000 members in Attala, Kemper, Leake, Neshoba, Newton, Rankin, and Scott Counties in Central Mississippi, US.
- Centre for the Study of Co-operatives - Interdisciplinary teaching and research institute at the University of Saskatchewan, offering information about research projects, workshops and conferences and co-op links.
- Committee for the Promotion and Advancement of Cooperatives - COPAC joins representatives of the cooperative movement together with farmers' & workers' organizations, and the United Nations & its agencies.
- Cooperative Communicator's Association - Organization to assist cooperatives in better managing themselves.
- Cooperative Fund of New England - Community development loan fund that lends socially responsible investments to cooperatives, non-profit organizations, worker-owned businesses and community groups in New England.
- Cooperatives and Nonprofits on the Internet - Directory of internet links.
- The Council of New York Cooperatives & Condominiums - News and information for residential housing cooperatives and condominiums in New York and beyond.
- Erie Crawford Cooperative - Providing feed, seed, fertilizer, farming supplies and home and garden needs to the Erie-Crawford Counties in Pennsylvania. Lists of members, products and services.
- Gulf Compress - Warehouse and distribution cooperative for cotton growers in Texas. Close to Mexico and all major forms of transportation.
- Industrial Common Ownership Fund plc UK - British investment fund that provides loan financing for co-operatives, employee owned businesses and community enterprises.
- International Co-operative Alliance - Information about co-operatives worldwide and from all sectors of the economy from the ICA, their apex organization.
- Iowa Institute for Cooperatives - Legislative Action, education & training business development assistance from this state organization.
- Meriwether Lewis Electric Cooperative - Elecricity supplier serving Hickman, Houston, Humphreys, Lewis and Perry counties in Tennessee. Also operates as an Internet service provider for local residents. About the utility, its services, energy, and cooperatives.
- Midwest Farmers Coop - Midwest producers in Northwest Iowa.
- National Association of Housing Cooperatives - The N.A.H.C. in the U.S. is a federation of housing cooperatives, individuals, and professionals that work with housing cooperatives.
- National Cooperative Bank - Cooperatively owned U.S. financial institution, chartered to serve the financial needs of cooperative businesses. Site includes information about the bank, about cooperatives in general and how to start a co-op, and about the role of cooperatives in the economy.
- National Cooperative Business Association - U.S. organization serving all types of cooperatives, with a large collection of information resources and links on and to cooperative businesses and other institutions.
- North American Students of Cooperation - Federation of campus-based housing and retail cooperatives in Canada and the U.S.
- Orion - Handbooks about management of a co-operative. Multilingual, in English, French and Spanish. Also, links to worldwide co-operatives.
- Rural Administration and Cooperatives - A Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) sustainable development program website, focused on the role and potential value of coooperative institutions in rural economies around the world.
- Rusk County Electric Cooperative - A non-profit electric cooperative that serves the counties of Rusk, Panola, Gregg, Shelby, and Nacogdoches in East Texas.
- Tomorrow Valley Cooperative Services - Wisconsin farm supply cooperative offering a extensive products and services for agriculture.
- United Norwest Co-operatives - A UK consumer co-operative active in northwestern England, offering services and products as diverse as food, furniture, travel and funerals.
- University of Sakatchewan Centre for the Study of Co-operatives - An extensive research site, including a library catalogue, full-text documents, and co-operative links.
- University of Wisconsin Center for Cooperatives - Extensive source of news and information about cooperatives.
- Upper Cumberland Electric Membership Corporation - A Tennessee rural electric utility serving Smith, Jackson, Putnam, and Overton counties in northern middle part of state.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Business-Cooperative Service - Mission is to promote understanding and use of the cooperative form of business as a viable organizational option for marketing and distributing agricultural products.
- Villa Housing Cooperative - Beginning effort by Eastern European coop. Multilingual but English pages are not easy to read quickly.
- Volunteer Electric Cooperative - Electric utility distributing energy to customers in 17 counties in East and Middle Tennessee.
- WFCMAC - Midwestern agriculture cooperatives list in Wisconsin and Minnesota.
Additional Pages in the