About the Classification System used on 1800miti.ComFound on 1800miti.Com, the Commerce Directory
This 1800miti.Com, Inc. Commerce Directory derives its organization from what use to be the U.S. Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) system of Business and Service Classification.North American Industry Classification System; (NAICS)From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The North American Industry Classification System or NAICS (pronounced [neiks]) is used by business and government to classify and measure economic activity in Canada, Mexico and the United States. It has largely replaced the older Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) system; however, certain government departments and agencies, such as the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), still use the SIC codes.
The NAICS numbering system is a six-digit code. The first five digits are generally (although not always strictly) the same in all three countries. The last digit designates national industries. The first two digits designate the largest business sector, the third digit designates the subsector, the fourth digit designates the industry group, and the fifth digit designates particular industries.
The system is designed to be somewhat compatible with the United Nations Statistical Office's International Standard Industrial Classification System (ISIC).
- If you would like, use this Link to find the appropriate category for your facility or service at U.S. Census Bureau NAICS Search site.
- Our Directory uses a system based on this NAICS system for classifying all businesses, establishments, organizations, and professionals. This classification system is constructed and based on a single economic concept:
- Economic units that use like processes to produce goods or services are grouped together.
- This "production-oriented" system allows itself to an easily constructed Menu Driven Directory.
- An economic unit may be found in more than one Section or Sub-Section, or Category, or Sub-Category, etc.
- This North American Industry Classification System employed by this Directory uses a six digit hierarchical coding system to classify all economic activity into twenty industry sectors. Five sectors are mainly goods-producing sectors and fifteen are entirely services-producing sectors.
About the Classification System for Company Listings in this Commerce Directory
- Our Directory uses a system for classifying business establishments, organizations, and professionals. Our classification system is constructed and based on a single economic concept. Economic units that use like processes to produce goods or services are grouped together. This "production-oriented" system allows itself to an easily constructed menu driven Directory. An economic unit may be found in more than one Section or Sub-Section, or Category, or Sub-Category, etc.. (see below)
If your Industry is in the Business of "example, Fish Products", and your primary Products are Packaged Frozen Seafood. However you also have Fishing Trawlers which fish for the "Fish" which you process into the Frozen Seafood. Then your Primary Classification on the Commerce Network would be the Section Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting, Sub-Section, Fishing, Hunting and Trapping. Your Company would also be found in the Section, Manufacturing, and the Sub-Section Food Manufacturing.
- Examples of Sections and Sub-Sections
|Sub-Section||334||Computer and electronic product manufacturing|
|Category||3346||Manufacturing and reproduction of magnetic and optical media|
|Sub-Category||33461||Manufacturing and reproduction of magnetic and optical media|
|Topic||334611||Reproduction of software|
|Sub-Topic|| ||by Region|
|List|| ||by sub-region|
- | | -